- Texas Land and Mineral Owners' Association - A non-profit organization of land and mineral owners whose purpose is to advocate for the property rights of surface and mineral owners in Texas.
Oil & Gas Exploration and Surface Ownership.pdf, from the Texas Railroad Commission
- Railroad Commission Production Reports Query, Link to Texas Railroad Commission production reports database
- Railroad Commission Drilling Reports Query, Link to Texas Railroad Commission drilling reports database
Checklist for Negotiating an Oil and Gas Lease.pdf, by John B. McFarland
Hints on Negotiating an Oil and Gas Lease.pdf
by Judon Fambrough, Texas A&M University Real Estate Center, 1997
- DrillingInfo - Requires subscription. The best single site for researching oil and gas leasing, drilling and production activities in Texas and many other producing states.
- The Baker Institute Energy Forum - Established by the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Rice University. Good, unbiased research and reporting on developments in international and domestic energy policy.
- Mineralweb.com - Articles providing basic information about managing mineral interests.
- Mineral Rights Forum - Good website for networking about mineral ownership issues, with access to good general information for mineral owners.
- Arkansas Leasing Manual.pdf - good summary of relevant law and advice regarding negotiation of oil and gas leases in Arkansas, by attorney Charles Morgan of Texarkana.
- http://recenter.tamu.edu/staff/jfambrough/ Judon Fambrough, at the Texas A&M Real Estate Center, is a lecturer and writer of good artcles useful to land and mineral owners covering topics from pipeline easements and condemnation procedures to oil and gas leasing.
- Good glossary of oil field terms by Schlumberger: http://www.glossary.oilfield.slb.com/en/Terms/.aspx